* Minimum and maximum roster numbers:
7v7 minimum: 9 players maximum: 14
9v9 minimum: 11 players maximum: 16
11v11 minimum: 13 players maximum: 22 (18 can dress)
** $500 Bond
All teams are required to register on GotSoccer for the Spring 2017 NSL season. This process is an addition to the above and the two systems are not connected. That season has not been created yet and you will receive instructions on what to do when it is, so please do not do anything at the moment.
1. Login into the club. Only the club contact login will work for rosters.
2. Pick the team you want to make a roster for and click on the name of that team.
3. Add Gotsoccer number and if the team has an ID number now.
4. Hit Edit Team/Manager info
5. Pick a coach or use the one who is already there. If the coaching license level is missing now is the time to enter it. Correct any incorrect information. Go to the Browse button and upload a picture. Hit Save Team Information.
6. Switch to the manager, change any information that is incorrect and hit the Browse button to upload a picture. Hit Save Team Information.
7. Hit Edit Roster
8. Hit Create a New Roster
9. The state and date of birth is required for all players. Uniform numbers are not, and you do not have to fill out the town as long as you designate the state.
10. At this point you will create players. After you have done that once the players will be there to select in later seasons. Make sure you add the pictures for each. Pictures must be a 1" head shot and they are now on the front of the card.
Some of you may not have pictures for all your teams on your computer. You may paste them on later the old-fashioned way once the passcards are approved if you wish - however please add at least one picture so we can check the size.
11. Add the players to the roster.
12. You may also upload the players from a spread sheet rather than having to create them. Follow these directions if you are choosing that option:
DIRECTIONS FOR UPLOADING SPREADSHEETS AND CREATING ROSTERS IN THE NEW MAPLE ROSTER SYSTEM:
Create a spreadsheet and populate it with the following information
Player First Name
Player Last Name
Jersey Number (this column can be left blank, but you need the column header)
Save the spreadsheet as a .txt file (tab delimited text)
Go to the Maple website and login in with Club/Coach login information
Click on one of the teams in your club (it doesn’t mater which one).
Click on “import player”.
Choose the spreadsheet that you created and click “import player information”
Map the columns that you created in your spreadsheet and hit “import player information"
Click “find a player” to search from the spreadsheet that you uploaded
Type the last name or first name and hit search
Check off the player/players you want to add and click “add selected player”
After you have added the players using either directions then:
13. Select the roster type
14. Add additional coaches. You get 4 adults per team.
15. When that is done hit submit for approval.
16. The roster will be returned as either approved, or rejected with a reason it was rejected. You may then print out the cards either on passcard stock or plain stock.
Players with long names, or written in all caps, may throw the spacing off on plain card stock. If that happens print those cards separately.
17. Separate the cards and laminate them.
18. To add a player, take your last approved roster and select “edit”. Add the player and resubmit for approval.
19. To drop a player, take your last approved roster and select “edit”. Delete the player and resubmit for approval.
Rosters, after receiving the NSL Administrator's signature, are valid and binding for the entire seasonal year, or remainder thereof, and may only be altered pursuant to NSL rules for adds, drops and transfers. Players may be officially rostered on only one NSL team at a time during the seasonal year. If it is determined that a player has been rostered on more than one NSL club team at the same time, all NSL games played during the period of mulitple rostering may be declared a forfeit.
Commission Note: NSL recognizes that many of its players also play on a team in another of the state's leagues or on an ODP team. Indeed, we encourage this. We believe that for the committed premier player improvement and excellence is fostered by exposure to as much training and as many competitions and touches on the ball as his or her academic, family and other obligations will allow. To help players and their families to manage these commitments, the MYSA by-laws establish the following rule:
In general terms, a player's priorities are as follow:
On major national holiday weekends:
All other tournaments- players are to alternate attendance in event of schedule conflict
State Team Tryouts (except Sunday afternoons during NSL Seasons)
Regularly scheduled league games
However, there exist variations in priority based on the playing season. Please read and understand each category and how they interrelate:
Soccer Activity Priority List:
1. Regional ODP Tournaments;
2. State Cup Tournament;
3. MTOC and Qualifying Games;
4. State Team Tryouts, in summer, fall (other than on Sunday afternoons) and winter seasons only. Try-out dates must also be established and available through the State Office at least one month in advance.
5. All Games:
Fees for 2016-2017 will be:
9U, 10U, 11U & 12U: $675
13U - 15U: $980
9U, 10U, 11U & 12U $650
13U - 18U: $845
5 Lanes End
Natick, MA 01760
Clubs: Alliance FC Hooksett, Capital SC, CSP United, East Bay United, FC Eagles, FSC North, Hampshire United, JBSA, JSSA, Lusitana, MAF SA, Portsmouth Pirates, Rams, RI Rush, Tidal Wave, Total Soccer, Victoria SC, World Cup, WSA Force
256 Church Street
Marshfield, MA 02050
Clubs: Alianca, America, Boston Rams, Commonwealth, DFC Dragons, Easton United, Galway Rovers, Harvest SC, Marshfield United, Mass City, Norwell United, SS Select, SSU Blazers, Synergy, United SC, Weymouth United
6 Hunting Lane
Lynnfield, MA 01940
Clubs: Andover Alliance, Atletico Jrs., Boston Azzurri, Boston Stars, BSA North Shore, FC Padova, FC Swampscott, Greenlions, Melrose United, Mystic United, SF Vikings, FC, Victory, Wakefield United, Wildcats,
21 Winslow Street
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Clubs: Boston Storm, Chauncy, Dream Team, Explosion, FC Blazers, FC United, Fortis FC, Franklin SC, Fuller Hamlets, Nova, Old School
12 Sherwood Road
Springfield, MA 01119
Clubs: Berkshire United, Boxford FC, Chicopee Heat, DFC, Euro United, Franklin County, Monson United, Mutiny, Pioneer Valley Storm, Springfield, VSA United, Western MA FC
57 Nimrod Drive
Concord, MA 01742
Clubs: ASC Premier, Chesnut Hill SC, Condors SC, Greater Lowell, Hammer SC, Lincoln FC, Lowell Flash, LPDA, Middlesex Phantoms, Mill City, Nashoba FC, NE Rush, Newton Academy, Strikers United, Sudbury United
26 Rolling Green Drive, Apt G
Fall River, MA 02720
Clubs: Barnstable, Cape Cod United, Mariner United, New England Navigators, Nor’easter SC, St Michaels, Taunton Eagles, Taunton Sports, Vipers